Motueka 2030 home
Outcomes & reports
Have your say
21st Century Motueka
Celebrate our place
Te Ara Whakamua
Celebrate our past
Te Ara Whakamua - The Way Ahead
Read the report of this event here »
This Maori forum will be held on Wednesday May 13th, 7.30pm, in the wharekai (dining room) at Te Awhina Marae, Pah Street.
Your opportunity to learn about the past, the present and the vision of the future through the eyes of Motueka's own local iwi (Ngati Rarua & Te Atiawa) and Maori businesses (Wakatu Inc & NRAIT).
What is Maori's vision of the future? What aspects of its past and present in the area are being reflected in the future cultural, environmental and economic goals, which are now built into the latest Treaty settlements?
Under the skilled MC Barney Thomas, there will be five short presentations followed by questions and answers.
- Te Runanga o Ngati Rarua: General Manager, Hemi Toia
- Te Atiawa o Te Waka-a-Maui Trust: Trustee, Joy Shorrock & Chairperson, Glenice Paine
- Te Awhina Marae: Tumuaki Ann Martin
- Wakatu Incorporation: General Manager Property Iain Sheves, & Company Secretary, Kerensa Johnston
- Ngati Rarua Atiawa Iwi Trust (NRAIT): Chief Operating Officer, John Charleton
Return to Motueka 2030 home page »