Membership / friends
Make a donation
[Charities number: CC49713]
- Develop a practical, cohesive vision of Motueka as a vibrant, progressive, sustainable, healthy and resilient town for all members of the community and particularly for our children and future generations.
- Develop strategies, projects and activities that will help this vision to be realised, by the Trust in partnership with the local community, community groups and sectors and local government bodies, over the next 5 to 20 years.
- Provide leadership as well as collaborative partnerships with the local community, community groups and sectors and local government.
- Promote and support the development of community infrastructure and interconnections that strengthen the community's business, social and environmental assets.
- Support and work with volunteers and community groups which are working on activities and projects that the Trust believes will help achieve its mission.
- Work with community groups to progress large-scale events and developments involving one or more groups.
- Identify, initiate, provide leadership for and promote projects which will progress the goals of the Trust but which no other volunteers and charitable community groups are working on.
- Explore and develop ways to share and celebrate the stories of the town, its culture and heritage.
- Identify the strengths and assets of the community, and its weaknesses and opportunities, and identify ways of using the assets and addressing the weaknesses and heightening positive action and awareness in all areas.
- Identify the people and organisations who can provide skills and connections that can help fulfill our objectives.
- Promote a positive, optimistic and progressive agenda for the future of the Motueka community.